House hunting is an adventure. It’s an opportunity for everyone set a good home and a happy family. There are 10 questions that every home seeker must answer.
1. What is the most important reason for buying a home?
Do you love the idea of ownership? It would console you to know that your house belongs to you and that you are not living in someone else’s space, that you can customize to your liking. You can do anything you want with it: paint it, knock down a wall, change the tile, hang a new sconce – anything. You’re the boss.
2. Why is home ownership so much a part of the American Dream?
Owning a home, taking root, and claiming your space ironically gives you the ability to fly! It gives you a launching pad from which to take off, and on which to land.
3. What makes a house a home?
It’s the way a house makes you feel. A house is like a home if you get a feeling of love, warmth, delight, and inspiration when you’re there.
4. Can home buyers fall in love with someone else’s dream home and make it their own?
Sure. You can customize any space and make it work for you, whether by remodeling or redecorating.
5. What’s the emotional connection to a property? Do mean and women both experience an emotional tie to a home?
Homes have their own personality and are filled with the memories and dreams of their owners. Most people seem to have an emotional connection to the places where they grew up.
6. Homes today are more than domiciles: they’re places of work, schooling, and more. Is it hard to find the perfect fit in the current market?
If you want to have it all, why settle for anything less? Finding the right home will be hard only if you decide it’s hard.
7. What role does intuition play in a decision to purchase?
Though many people may not realize it, they’re probably using their intuition when they’re house hunting. It’s the initial gut reaction when they first walk into a house.
8. Do people impose youthful fantasies on dreams on a house hunt, such as wanting to find a home that reminds them of Grandmother’s house at Christmas or Mom’s lemonade in the kitchen on a hot summer afternoon?
If buyers discovered a house on their hunt that reminds them of good childhood memories, it would tip the scale in favor of purchasing that house.
9. Some people say that feng shui and other cultural, religious, and spiritual practices can affect home buying. Is this really true?
I think whatever you strongly believe to be true may become true. If you strongly believe that practicing feng shui in your house will bring you everything you always dreamed of, then there’s more of a chance that it might.
10. Is there such a thing as a bad feeling in a house?
Absolutely. But you can get rid of it and make the house your own, filled with good feelings and positive energy.
Ponder on these questions and it might help clear your thoughts before purchasing a house.